Bogor is a city and regency in West Java. The city is located about 60KM south of Jakarta.
In the Middle Ages, the city was the capital of Sunda Kingdom . The city was also the capital of Indonesia during the brief British occupation, and under the name Buitenzorg in the Dutch colonial period. It was also the summer capital of the Dutch in the hot dry season. In the town, Dutch build a summer residence which is now become a Presidential Palace.
- City area: 118.5 km2
- Population: about 1 million (not including regency area)
- Name: Pakuan (middle ages), Buitenzorg (Dutch colonial era), Bogor (now)
- Landmark: Kujang Statue (Kujang is a traditional blade), Presidential Palace, mount Salak.
- Favorit places/area: Bogor botanical garden, Puncak, Taman Safari
- Food: Asinan buah (salty and spicy preserved fruits made of slices of mango, water apple, papaya, ambarella, jicama, nutmeg, pineapple), ikan balita (fried baby fishes), Lapis talas (a layered cake made of taro)